Calling All Performance Poets!
Performing Arts Luray has issued a call for poetry. Poets ages 16 years old or older are invited to submit their poems, which will be evaluated by a panel of Page County/Town of Luray citizens.
PAL would like to film each poet reading his/her own work, but poets can choose to ask an actor to read instead. Filming will take place following social-distancing guidelines in mid-February.
- Performing Arts Luray is accepting original poems from individuals ages 16 years old or older. PAL will record the poet (or an actor-surrogate) reading his/her poem. The recording will air online starting February 27. Please see the guidelines below.
- All entries must be the original content of the author and must be submitted as a PDF or Word document attachment by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, February 4. (Late submissions will not be considered.)
- Poets must be 16 years old or older. By submitting a poem, you agree to allow PAL to use your image, voice, and original text, if selected. (Minors who are selected will be required to provide a parent’s/guardian’s consent.)
- One submission per poet. (If a poet submits multiple entries, only the first will be considered.)
- Poet’s full name, address, age, and telephone number must appear in the body of the email, not on the poem attachment, which will be part of a blind judging.
- Poems should not exceed two, single-spaced pages.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of Town of Luray and Page County residents, and the poetry performances will be aired online. Please carefully consider the use of obscenity, violence, and sexual content.
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
Check our building marquee, Facebook page, flyers in local businesses and listings in the Page News & Courier for details on upcoming performances. See our Upcoming Events to learn more about what’s coming up. Order tickets online and get a $2 discount (adult) or $1 (youth).